Thousands Await Teacher Jobs, Begin Indefinite Sit-In in Dhaka
More than 14,000 candidates selected for assistant teacher posts are starting an indefinite protest. They are demanding immediate appointment letters for government primary schools. The sit-in will begin on Sunday at 11:00 AM. It will take place in front of the National Museum in Shahbagh, Dhaka.
These 14,384 candidates have been waiting for a long time. Their final results were published 175 days ago. They passed the exams. But they have not yet received official letters to start their jobs. This long delay has caused much frustration among them.
The candidates had previously asked the government to issue appointment notices. They set a deadline of July 29. However, that date passed without any official order. Over the past several months, they said they received only promises from officials. No written instruction or concrete action has been taken.
A press release from the candidates explained their situation. They said they felt they had no other choice but to protest on the streets. They plan to continue their demonstration in Shahbagh without stopping. The protest will not end until a proper and specific appointment notification is officially issued.
A source from the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education offered an update. The source said that checking candidates’ backgrounds is almost finished. This process is known as intelligence verification. The ministry added that the hiring process will follow all legal rules and procedures.
However, the protesting candidates remain firm in their decision. They insist on receiving a clear, written notification for their appointments. They believe this is essential before they end their sit-in. Their demonstration highlights their urgent need to secure new teaching positions. They want to begin serving their communities. This ongoing protest reflects the high demand for government jobs. It also shows the challenges job seekers face after a long selection process.